Important Dates - May 2013
Current Golf News
||Memorial Day Flag Tournament
||SCGA Sr. One Day Tournament
||Tournament Club Info &
||Tournament, Senior, &
2013 Tournament Club Info
The Woodlands Golf & Country Club is pleased to present the 2013 Tournament Schedule and 2013 Tournament Club Program. The Tournament Club Program has been an overwhelming success and The Professional Staff and Members at the Woodlands have been coming up with ideas that will help continue to Maximize Tournament Participation. The 2013 Tournament Club will once again prove to be a true win-win situation for the “Tournament Player,” and the club itself. We have a rather diverse Tournament Schedule planned for 2013. The program will attempt to address the interests and demands of the majority of our members.
We have tried to avoid all conflicts, including SCGA events, USC and Clemson Football games, and USGA Qualifying Tournaments. The dates of the tournaments are subject to change, however, we do not anticipate more than one or two changes. The tournament formats vary from fun to competitive, and we will award gross and net prizes (if applicable) in most events.
Tournament Club Fees for 2013
The Tournament Club Fee for will be $300.00 for Men and $230.00 for Ladies (Same as 2012). This fee can be billed over your February, March and April club Statements. By joining The Tournament Club, your entry fee will be paid for all 24 Tournament Club Events. The only fee you will have to pay the day of the tournament is the applicable cart fee. This equates to you paying an average entry fee of only $12.00 for each Tourney. (Including The Men’s Member-Member where the entry fee is $100.00). This is a savings of over $350.00. The only events not included in Tournament Club Fee will be the Member-Guest, Senior Club Championship, and The Parent-Child Tournament. All of the other 24 Tournament Club Events (those shown in Blue on The 2013 Tournament Schedule) are included. Once again in 2013, All Pick The Pro Qualifying Rounds MAY BE PLAYED on The Saturday or The Sunday of The Championship Weekend in 2013.
Another bonus of being a member of the Tournament Club will be the opportunity and competition to become a member of one of the two “Ruby Cup” teams. The 8th Annual Ruby Cup Matches will be played in October. Anyone signing up for the Tournament Club will receive 150 Ruby Cup Points . The Professional Staff will be keeping track of “Money” and “Points” leaders throughout the year. You will receive participation points for each event in which you participate and you will also be able to earn competition points based on your finishes in the tournaments. This event has been a huge success over the last six years and will be a very special weekend of golf for all of those that make the 2013 teams.
The Tournament of Champions will return again in 2013. Winners from designated Tournaments will earn the right to compete in this year-end finale.
It is easy to see that even if you happen to miss a couple of events along the way, it is still a great investment! If you are a serious “Tournament Player,” and plan on playing in almost all of the events in 2013, we would encourage you to consider The Tournament Club in 2013. More importantly, being a member of the Tournament Club will give you the opportunity to meet new friends and playing partners.
The LGA will also still host 5 events in 2013. The LGA Kick-Off Tournament, The LGA Member-Member Tournament, The LGA Memorial, The LGA Member-Guest Tournament, and The Year-End, LGA Round-Up Tournament.
The staff at the Woodlands Golf & Country Club is extremely excited about the upcoming season/tournament schedule and hope you will choose to participate in this worthwhile program. With your help, we will continue to build on the tremendous success the club has experienced in the past. We sincerely welcome any input you may have regarding the Tournament Program and we look forward to a great year in 2013.
The following is a list of Tournament Club Highlights, Rules & Regulations
• Over $250-$350 in discounts for tournament entry fees
• An automatic 150 Ruby Cup Points
• Once one family member joins the Tournament Club, your child/children may be added for $120.00 each
• A chance to participate on one of two “Ruby Cup Teams” in October – An estimated $100.00 value
• A chance to participate in the “Steak and Beans” Competition
• A chance to participate in the Tournament of Champions
• A Wide Variety of exciting and fun-filled tournaments designed to meet the needs of all types of players.
• Competition from any set of tees (when designated) with the appropriate USGA handicap adjustment
• Complimentary Meals and Other Goodies before/after the designated tournaments.
• Guaranteed perfect weather for all events.
• Players are responsible for signing themselves up for each tournament during the Designated Registration Period. The Deadline to sign up is usually the Wednesday Before Each Event.
• In some events, preferred tee times and/or pairings cannot be accepted due to the size of the fields and the amount of work involved. Please do not make any special requests in the Net Championship, Club Championship or Member-Member and Member-Guest.
• SPEED OF PLAY will be monitored on a regular basis and we ask each participant be aware/considerate of the groups around them.
• You must have an established Handicap (10 rounds or more) to be eligible to join the Tournament Club and participate in any Woodlands Golf & Country Club Event. If you do not have an established handicap index, please see a member of the Professional Staff
For your convenience, the 2013 Tournament Schedule is available by clicking on the link above. Be on the lookout and make your plans now to be in town for as many events as possible. Please make a note of each tournament on your calendar today. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Tom Mason at 788-6658. Your input is very much appreciated and always welcome.
Final Note: You do not have to be a Member of the Tournament Club to play in Woodlands Golf & Country Club Events. However, if you do elect to play in a Tournament Club Event, you will have to pay the all entry fees for the specific tournament.
Click Here to Download This Information in a Word File
Click Here to Download This Information in a PDF File
Click Here To View The 2013 Tournament Schedule
As always, your support of our tournament program and the golf shop is greatly appreciated.Best Regards,
Golf Professional Staff